Please call 503-661-6226 before 9am when your child will be absent.
School Fact Sheet
Principal: Debra James
Our Hollydale community takes pride in being safe, responsible and respectful.
- We believe all students can and will learn.
- We believe all students have a right to a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- We believe all students have a right to authentic, relevant, and meaningful learning.
- We believe students make the most growth when their learning styles and developmental needs are met.
- We believe the development of good character should be valued as much as the development of academic competence.
- We believe education is a shared responsibility of staff, students, families, and community.
The Hollydale Site Council, along with parent and staff involvement, has adopted improvement goals in reading, writing, and math with specific strategies to meet those goals. Our goals in each of these areas are as follows:
- To improve reading achievement of all students across all grade levels as measured by the Oregon Statewide Assessment (OSWA) for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Our target is 86% of all 3rd-5th graders will meet or exceed on the 2009-10 OSWA.
- To improve writing achievement of all 4th grade students as measured by the Oregon performance assessment in writing. Our goal is 42% of all 4th graders will meet or exceed on the 2009-10 writing assessment.
- To improve math achievement of all students across all grade levels as measured by the Oregon Statewide Assessment (OSWA) for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Our target is 84% of all 3rd - 5th graders will meet or exceed on the 2009-10 OSWA.
We will continue to develop and implement Professional Learning Communities/Teams in order to focus on student learning, collaboration, and results. Grade level teams will work together to create and utilize formative assessments to modify instruction to meet the needs of all student subgroups. We are confident our efforts will help all students succeed at Hollydale!